Department: College of Engineering (ENG)
Appointment Type: Professional Faculty
Job Location: Corvallis
Recommended Full-Time Salary Range: $44,496- $75,516
The College of Engineering is seeking an Assistant to Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs . This is a full-time (1.00 FTE), 12-month, professional faculty position.
The College of Engineering (COE) Dean's Office is the central administrative unit for overall college leadership and management. The Assistant to Associate Dean of Undergraduate Programs (ADUP) assists the ADUP in performance of their duties relating to; 1) academic and student programs and 2) planning, coordinating, implementing, managing, analyzing, evaluating and reporting assessment and accreditation activities associated with COE central services. Tasks are often varied and change rapidly in scope and complexity over time. The individual in this position must be able to multi-task and balance the needs of the ADUP in a dynamic environment. The Assistant must be aware of the importance of public relations in dealing with a wide range of stakeholders, including individuals in the Federal and State Governments, university administration and faculty, and students.
The work done by the Assistant to ADUP can be highly sensitive and confidential, both in verbal and written form. Any breaches of this confidentiality could be damaging to the student, the college, and the University.
Working for Oregon State University is so much more than a job!
Oregon State University is a dynamic community of dreamers, doers, problem-solvers and change-makers. We don’t wait for challenges to present themselves — we seek them out and take them on. We welcome students, faculty and staff from every background and perspective into a community where everyone feels seen and heard. We have deep-rooted mindfulness for the natural world and all who depend on it, and together, we apply knowledge, tools and skills to build a better future for all.
• Top 1.4% university in the world
• More research funding than all public universities in Oregon combined
• 1 of 3 land, sea, space and sun grant universities in the U.S.
• 2 campuses, 11 colleges, 12 experiment stations, and Extension programs in all 36 counties
• 7 cultural resource centers that offer education, celebration and belonging for everyone
• 100+ undergraduate degree programs, 80+ graduate degrees plus hundreds of minor options and certificates
• 35k+ students including more than 2.3k international students and 10k students of color
• 217k+ alumni worldwide
• For more interesting facts about OSU visit: https://oregonstate.edu/about
Oregon State has a statewide presence with campuses in Corvallis and Bend, the OSU Portland Center and the Hatfield Marine Science Center on the Pacific Coast in Newport.
Oregon State’s beautiful, historic and state-of-the-art main campus is located in one of America’s best college towns. Corvallis is located close to the Pacific Ocean, the Cascade mountains and Oregon wine country. Nestled in the heart of the Willamette Valley, this beautiful city offers miles of mountain biking and hiking trails, a river perfect for boating or kayaking and an eclectic downtown featuring local cuisine, popular events and performances.
Total Rewards Package:
Oregon State University offers a https://hr.oregonstate.edu/benefits/prospective-employee with benefits eligible positions that is designed to meet the needs of employees and their families including:
• Medical, Dental, Vision and Basic Life. OSU pays 95% of premiums for you and your eligible dependents.
• Free confidential mental health and emotional support services, and counseling resources.
• Retirement savings paid by the university.
• A generous paid leave package, including holidays, vacation and sick leave.
• Tuition reduction benefits for you or your qualifying dependents at OSU or the additional six Oregon Public Universities.
• Robust Work Life programs including Dual Career assistance resources, flexible work arrangements, a Family Resource Center, Affinity Groups and an Employee Assistance Program.
Future and current OSU employees can use the https://hr.oregonstate.edu/benefits/new-employees/benefits-calculator to learn more about the full value of the benefits provided at OSU.
30% – Assessment and Data Analysis
• Report results of statistical analyses and surveys, including information in the form of graphs, charts, and tables (including pivot tables).
• Transform large and/or complex data to make accessible, understandable and usable for decision-making.
• Research, compile, prepare, and analyze data; maintain databases and prepare documents for college-wide curriculum assessment and accreditation.
• Monitor performance against program goals and objectives and ensure program results.
• Ensure compliance with guidelines, policies and standards and troubleshoot issues to maintain the integrity and standards for ABET accreditation and OSU assessment requirements.
• Supporting additional College of Engineering Associate Deans as needed.
25% – Administrative Support Duties:
• Provide assistance to the Associate Dean, including anticipating needs and furnishing information required for reply to correspondence and other official duties; independently research, locate, assemble, edit and summarize materials, information and data for administrative action; maintain written control of materials received, routed, assigned or disposed of in unit.
• Handle highly sensitive and confidential information, in both verbal and written form.
• Serve as liaison between units, stakeholders, and outside organization on behalf of the Associate Dean.
• Manage complete calendar/scheduling for meetings with University leadership, academic administrators, faculty, staff, students, and general public.
• Manage the Associate Deans’ travel itinerary to conferences and meetings.
• Coordinate meetings/events, set dates and make all required arrangements, develop agendas based on follow up from previous meetings, and prepare materials for discussion.
25% – Program Support:
• Establish, manage, and maintain collaborations and partnerships with internal and external stakeholders to build and leverage expertise and resources.
• Facilitate alliances with internal and external constituents. Represent the Associate Dean’s office in communications with constituents and direct individuals to appropriate resources.
• Review communications for consistency/accuracy; make editorial changes and/or recommendations for clarity of communications.
• Coordinate and manage Recordkeeping systems or other administrative processes for the Associate Deans’ office as well as acts as liaison with internal academic units and departments to maintain and update records and documentation.
• Gather information regarding college-level plan/policy implementation issues, such as impact to faculty, staff, and students. Attend participate, track and follow up on meeting action items to completion; at times may act as facilitate.
• Work with programs and units, acquiring information necessary to draft, upload, submit, and monitor course and program proposals through APAA as necessary.
10% – Special Projects:
• Independently Manage short- to long-term special projects as requested by the Associate Dean, including researching and understanding topics, gathering and synthesizing information, working with various college, university and greater community constituents as necessary and negotiating arrangements and outcomes.
5% – Office Management/Supervision:
• Supervise work of office student workers; plans, assigns, and approves work.
• Effectively recommend decisions on hiring/firing, disciplines/rewards, and responses to grievances.
• Share accountability with administrative assistant for purchase of office equipment and furnishings by contacting vendors, meeting with sales persons, arranging demonstrations, and proposing selection.
• Assign volunteers for special activities.
5% – Other duties as assigned
What You Will Need
• A bachelor’s degree in Science, Social Science (quantitative emphasis), Education (quantitative emphasis), Engineering, and 3 years of experience providing administrative support to a leadership position in a complex environment; or an equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.
• Demonstrable commitment to promoting and enhancing diversity.
• Experience using, collecting and analyzing data.
• Experience with Microsoft Office Suite using Outlook, PowerPoint, and Excel.
• Strong oral and written communication skills.
• Experience with organization and managing complex schedules.
• Project coordination experience.
This position is designated as a critical or security-sensitive position; therefore, the incumbent must successfully complete a criminal history check and be determined to be position qualified as per University Standard: 05-010 et seq. Incumbents are required to self-report convictions and those in youth programs may have additional criminal history checks every 24 months.
What We Would Like You to Have
• Ability to gather and analyze data from a wide variety of sources, including university programs, college rankings, and legislative materials.
• Demonstrable leadership skills.
• Demonstrable public relations skills.
• Excellence in decision-making and problem-solving.
• Experience creating a collaborative environment.
• Demonstrable ability to work independently and in a team environment, to take initiative, and to meet strict deadlines.
• Experience with monitoring budgets.
• Experience working in an administrative role for Oregon State University.
Working Conditions / Work Schedule
Work may be performed in a hybrid capacity, as agreed upon by the employee and the supervisor.
Special Instructions to Applicants
To ensure full consideration, applications must be received by January 31, 2024. Applications will continue to be accepted after the full consideration date, until a sufficient applicant pool has been achieved or the position is filled. The closing date is subject to change without notice to applicants.
When applying you will be required to attach the following electronic documents:
1) A Resume
2) A Cover Letter indicating how your qualifications and experience have prepared you for this position.
3) A Diversity Statement addressing the following prompt:
After reviewing the OSU mission statement at http://leadership.oregonstate.edu/trustees/oregon-state-university-mission-statement and the emphasis on diversity, please state how your background and experience has prepared you to be effective in an environment that values diversity. (upload as Diversity Statement)
You will also be required to submit the names of at least three professional references, their e-mail addresses and telephone numbers as part of the application process.
Starting salary within the salary range will be commensurate with skills, education, and experience.
For additional information please contact:Janet Knudson
OSU commits to inclusive excellence by advancing equity and diversity in all that we do. We are an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer, and particularly encourage applications from members of historically underrepresented racial/ethnic groups, women, individuals with disabilities, veterans, LGBTQ community members, and others who demonstrate the ability to help us achieve our vision of a diverse and inclusive community.
OSU will conduct a review of the National Sex Offender Public website prior to hire.
OSU is a fair chance employer committed to inclusive hiring. We encourage applications from candidates who bring a wide range of lived experience including involvement with the justice system. This job has “critical or security-sensitive” responsibilities. If you are selected as a finalist, your initial job offer will be contingent upon the results of a job-related pre-employment check (such as a background check, motor vehicle history check, sexual misconduct reference check, etc.). Background check results do not automatically disqualify a candidate. Take a look at our Background Checks website including the “for candidates” section for more details. If you have questions or concerns about the pre-employment check, please contact OSU’s Employee and Labor Relations team at email@example.com.
To apply, please visit: https://apptrkr.com/4929143
Copyright ©2022 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.